On July 25, 2023, Workers For Warriors (WFW) will observe National Hire a Veteran Day. Founded in 2017, by Marine Corps Veteran, Dan Caporale, National Hire a Veteran Day was created to inspire employers to recruit and hire Veterans. It is also intended to encourage Veteran job applicants. During the same year, Congress enacted the Honoring Investments in Recruiting and Employing American Military Veterans Act. As part of the HIRE Vets Act of 2017, those employing Veterans are eligible for federal recognition through the HIRE Vets Medallion Program. The United States Department of Labor promotes National Hire a Veteran Day as a means to promote qualification for the HIRE Vets Medallion Award.
- If you are a business or municipal employee looking to hire a Veteran-Owned Small Business in Pennsylvania, please request a quote for our services.
- If you are a Veteran seeking employment in Pennsylvania, you can apply for our open positions.
The Best Way to Support Veterans: Hire a Vet!
A Veteran brings a unique set of skills and values to the civilian workplace from their experiences in military service. Companies and organizations can significantly benefit from hiring our Veterans. National Hire a Veteran Day is a means to promote the outstanding attributes of our Veterans to your workforce. At Workers For Warriors, we have built our reputation on the character of our American heroes. When you hire a Veteran, you will have employed an individual that has:
- Discipline and a superior work ethic.
- Pride and self-confidence.
- Strong leadership potential.
- Well-developed skills from military training and vocational education.
- A team-oriented approach and is mature.
The skills and experiences of a Veteran can translate to a plethora of civilian and corporate employment. The best way to support the Veteran community is to hire a Vet; this is an excellent way to give back to those that have served and protected our country.
Advantages of Employers That Hire Vets
As one of the world’s largest military forces, the United States averages approximately 200,000 service men and women who retire or transition from military service every year. Unfortunately, this population is underutilized by employers. Employing Veterans, not only brings our nation’s finest to your team, it also can usher in positivity to your company or organization by:
- Creating a strong company culture.
- Enriching diversity, equality, and inclusionary practices.
- Increasing workplace morale and employee engagement.
- Creating larger profits and grow your enterprise.
Read more about the benefits of hiring Veterans.
National Hire a Veteran Day – Supporting Resources
Since the signing of HIRE Vets Act in 2017, Hire a Veteran Day has been endorsed and promoted by agencies such as the Department of Labor and the Department of Veterans Affairs. As a call to action to support our nation’s heroes, National Hire a Veteran Day recognizes the benefits of employing former servicemen and women. Some beneficial programs to assist in the employment of Veterans are:
- U.S. Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) assists in connecting employers with Veterans seeking employment.
- The VETS program now offers an Apprenticeship Pilot as a transitional service prior to leaving the military.
- VETS supports employers with their latest resource, Employer Guide to Hiring Veterans.
- The U.S. Department of Defense now offers the SkillBridge Program that allows prospective employers to offer internships and training opportunities to transitioning servicemen and women prior to their discharge.
- The Secretary of Labor recognizes employers who receive the HIRE Vets Medallion Award and promotes and assists in marketing their efforts.
- Workers For Warriors believes in supporting our Veterans, and our mission is to give back to the local communities. We use our enterprise to support our Veterans by providing employment opportunities and involvement in Veteran organizations.
Tax Benefit Incentives of Hiring a Veteran
Another benefit in hiring Veterans is the tax benefits for the employers. There are a number of incentives offered through the IRS’ Work Opportunity Tax Credit and also via the Wounded Warrior Tax Credit.
Unfortunately, WFW is not qualified to give tax advice or suggestions when it comes to the credits that are available or if they will apply to your business. There are available tax credit resources that can point you in the right direction but a business tax advisor or accountant would probably be your best source for the tax benefits and tax incentives of hiring a Vet.
Hire a Veteran Business: Workers For Warriors
As a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, WFW is owned, operated and created to help both Veterans and communities. We offer a number of services for our clients across Pennsylvania and are looking to build our team with those that have served our country. We strive to provide job opportunities in PA for Veterans.
Hiring a PA Vet is an excellent means to give back to those that have served to protect our country and our freedoms. When you enlist the services of Workers For Warriors, you have partnered with a team of individuals who bring the morals and skills of our military to your enterprise and your community.